The Skalka Hotel provides following spa treatments: relaxing and body-activating procedures that focus on the entire body, physiologically and aesthetically.
Procedures must be booked in advance at the telephone number +421 911 57 57 33 or +421 41 5175 100.
Come and enjoy our new spa. You will have the opportunity to try the following treatments:
A traditional hot sauna that relaxes muscles as well as the entire body. The elevated temperature increases perspiration which enables the body to get rid of all the toxins as well as to boost its immune system.
The Turkish bath is basically a steam bath combined with aromatherapy, using various aroma compounds to benefit the respiratory, musculoskeletal and nervous system.
Water massage for the entire body. The water has a constant temperature of 35-37 °C.
Opening hours for wellness
- Monday – Friday
- 7:30 – 16:00
- 8:00 – 18:00
new Local cryotherapy
1 session: 3 up to 5 minutes (only doctor-recommended)
This type of therapy consists of applying nitrogen gas on the affected body part from a distance of 10 to 15 cm. The temperature is approximately -100 to -110 °C. This icing method is helpful during the treatment of long-term musculoskeletal disorders.
- an effective method for damaged tissues healing
- great for cerebral contusion and bruises
- perfect for strained, torn and ripped muscles and tendons
- ligament injuries
- delimitation of the inflammatory process
- reduces swelling and pain
- suitable for degenerative and rheumatic joint diseases
- positively affects psoriasis and atopic dermatitis patients
- stimulates the process of skin healing and can be used as painkiller after surgeries
- cold urticaria
- skin cancer
- open wounds
- children under the age of 12
To achieve progress, at least 5 sessions of local cryotherapy are recommended.
You can check the price in the price list.
Take a moment to relax and benefit from the skilled hands of qualified masseurs who offer various types of traditional as well as specific massages.
We offer the following massages:
- hot stone massage
- face relaxing massage
- aromatherapy massage
- trigger point feet massage
- honey massage
- Swedish massage
Thermal acupressure bed combines a variety of alternative medical practices: light therapy, thermal therapy, massage and acupressure. This procedure is recommended especially for the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, back pain, rheumatic disorders, internal inflammations, skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema, pigment spots, warts), osteoporosis, asthma, allergies, chronic rhinitis, overweight, depression and to improve the patient’s eyesight.
- relaxes your body
- boosts the immune system, rids the body of toxins, improves blood circulation
- makes it easier to absorb the vitamin D into the body
- accelerates muscle and joint rehabilitation after injuries
Magnet therapy is a method that involves the use of magnetic fields (electrically charged or static). These fields are able to positively biologically modify the human tissues, which can contribute to solving certain health issues.
- regenerates and massages deep tissues
- eases pain
- stimulates metabolism
- stimulates cell division
- eliminates blood congestion disorders
- increases oxygen supply
- dilates vessels, accelerates blood circulation
- helpful in the cleaning of the lymphatic system
- boosts the immune system
The fitness section of the Skalka Hotel offers a variety of work-out and aerobic equipment. Our guests can therefore focus on a specific body part.
You are welcome to use the bicycle trainer, the indoor rower, the treadmill, the Orbitrec elliptical trainer, the multifunctional training station, a set of dumbbells, and the multi-press machine. You will also find fitness balls, audio and video equipment at our gym.
- has many health benefits and makes the body stronger and more vigorous
- accelerates the elimination of harmful substances from the body
- regulates blood fats
- boosts the entire immune system
Due to technical reasons, the gym equipment is available to accommodated guests only.
This procedure includes gas oxygen inhalation which calms the patient, improves their physical and mental condition as well as protects their body from harmful environmental influences.
- improves the physical and mental condition, helps to get over fatigue and exhaustion
- slows down the physical and mental ageing process
- makes sure the immune system is able to fight against virus infections
- perfect for treatment of respiratory diseases, asthma, bronchitis and cardiovascular diseases
- improves memory, muscle and brain performance
Cryotherapy is a dry procedure where the human body is being exposed to extremely low temperatures. It enriches the blood flows, the issues are stuffed with oxygen, it activates the metabolism and the body gets rid of any toxins through blood and glands.
Give cryotherapy a try if you are suffering from a skin disease, such as psoriasis. This procedure is also beneficial if you want to get rid of stretch marks and cellulite, if you want to lose weight, boost your immune system, treat depression, or to accelerate the regeneration and recovery of your body. Cryotherapy is perfect for athletes and those whose work is physically demanding. Cryotherapy is also used for musculoskeletal inflammatory diseases, back and joint pain, rheumatic disorders, migraines and secondary osteoporosis.
Duration of the procedure: 2-3 minutes
The infrared heaters emit infrared light that is crucial for the human body. It gives us our energy back and has many health benefits. It penetrates to a depth of 5 cm and the body reacts in the following way:
- it accelerates its blood circulation
- the blood flows through the entire body more effectively
- the heart performance gets better
- it accelerates metabolism
- it detoxifies cells
It harmonises the entire metabolism and is considered a form a biostimulation as it has an effect on the immune system, the regenerative process and all in all is beneficial to the human body.
- eases and reduces pain
- stimulates the whole body’s regenerative processes
- accelerates healing of wounds
- great for dental issues and for problems with the mucous membranes of the oral and nasal cavity
- gynaecological problems, pregnancy, childbirth
- musculoskeletal disorders, chronic pain
- skin issues
- represses pain, has anti-inflammatory effects
- reinforces the immune system and helps with allergies
No contraindications to this procedure have been discovered.
Recommended duration of the procedure: 5-15 minutes
Peat contains a great amount of nutrients, minerals and natural trace elements that are absorbed by the human skin. It is rich in organic compounds, especially humic acid, enzymes, waxes and tannin.
- pumps blood into and improves the performances of muscles and joints
- accelerates the absorption of haemorrhages
- helps to heal eczemas
- reinforces the immune system
Our disposable hay wraps are made of fermented natural hay that does not contain any herbicides and that comes from remote and unfertilized Austrian hayfields. The hay contains essential oils, tannins, lactic acids, provitamin A and vitamin D. They stimulate blood circulation and are helpful for detoxication.
Hay wraps are used as a local heat therapy and as an additional tool for the healing of the following diseases:
- chronic musculoskeletal disorders
- degenerative joint disorders (muscular and joint rheumatism)
- arthritis, sciatica
- helps to detoxify the body
This procedure is based on actively and intentionally inhaling gases, vapours or nebulas under constant or artificially modified pressure in order to prevent and treat various breathing conditions. Inhalers are used in order to facilitate the inhalation.
- treatment of breathing conditions
- central nervous system disorders - brain congestion disorders, acute ischaemia
- myocardial infarction prevention